As much as I adore interviewing all of my baes from MTV reality TV, this week I’ve got a treat for all my Degrassians. You probably remember this week’s #TMITuesday feature as “Danny”, on the Emmy award nominated TV series Degrassi. As the best friend of J.T, we all felt Danny’s, and our own, hearts become crushed when J.T was killed (spoiler alert, #sorrynotsorry it was like 10 seasons ago.). But the Toronto native is more than Danny, and I sat down to ask the actor about superhero movies, his time as “Danny”, become best friends and more in this week’s interview.
I have to say playing Danny on Degrassi has been my favourite role because the experience of working on the show taught me so much about the industry I fell in love with. I can’t compare it to any other role in terms of the impact on myself.
2. There has been a huge market within Superhero films/TV shows, mostly with darker themes thanks to Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight films; I’m totally okay with this, being a fangirl myself. Is there any one superhero you would want to play?
It would be cool to play Martian Manhunter, he’s got a flawless set of abilities and he’s wise! Sort of like a kick-ass deep thinker.
Fine, Fine. I’ll audition for M’yri’ah – Nikki
3. Since today is #TMITuesday is there anything you can tell the readers about yourself that they may not already know?
I’m fluent in french…on account of studying in french throughout all my elementary and secondary schooling.
4. If you could play any of the newer Degrassi characters who would it be?
It would be fun to play Dave although that’s probably because Jahmil makes him so enjoyable to watch. He feels familiar enough that I could picture myself in his shoes.
5. As an actor, would you prefer to work on a TV broadcasted series, or a Netflix based series?
Netflix series have a certain cinematic quality to them that attracts me so if it came down to a choice and doing both was impossible then I’d go the Netflix route.
6. As a Toronto (The 6ix) native, where is your favourite spot in the city? (to eat, party, drink etc)
SPiN is a blast. I love ping pong;I’d be there all the time if they’d let me. As far as food, you’ll most likely spot me at a burger joint – Burger’s Priest or Holy Chuck or eating at your favourite burger restaurant.
7. What would you say is your “theme song”
Bill Withers – Just the Two of Us
8. A lot of my #TMITuesday features are reality TV/fitness personalities, do you watch any reality TV shows?
I’m unfortunately not even remotely up to date with reality TV. If I did watch a reality show it would have to deal with food – that way I might learn something about cooking… which I’m terrible at.
9. Who would you have play you in your biopic?
I’d be curious to see what Jaden Smith would do but would also be open to actors that aren’t established. I would be prepared to spend time searching for the right person. That is the process, after all.
10. What’s next for you Dalmar?
I’m developing a project of my own with some fellow former cast mates and friends from Degrassi. I’m getting the opportunity to work behind the camera which easily fascinates me. I’m excited because the process is giving me perspective which in turn will help me grow as an actor as well. Follow me on twitter @dalmar_abuzeid for updates!
Stay tuned tomorrow for a Lil Debbie inspired OOTD, an all new #FitnessFriday recipe later this week, and follow me on Twitter for life updates, and my failing acting career!