It’s June and that means it’s time for corporations to put rainbows on everything in a pathetic attempt to pretend they’re allies to the LGTBQ community. Best known Pride Month! This is the perfect time for me to give my lowdown list on my favourite (current) gay icons in pop culture.
5. Halsey A queer woman herself, Halsey makes music for EVERYONE and is never afraid to speak her mind.
4. Shawn Mendes Not only is he Canadian and babely (he’s over 18 its cool) but he makes fun pop music.
3. Tiffany ‘New York’ Pollard A reality TV icon that Twitter gays adore worldwide. In my top tier for GIF clapbacks/reactions too.
2. Carly Rae Jepsen She literally shut down Grindr during one of her shows…
1. Nikita Dragun After her Victoria’s Secret scandal (down with VS and their lack of love for the transgender community) the Youtube star has since launched her own makeup line. Love by celebrities like Paris Hilton and Youtube BFF Bretman Rock.
Who makes your list? Leave a comment below and tell me who you think should have been included!
In this not so cryptic photo on Facebook David Schwimer (Ross Gellar) announced that the show would return for one more season after its 10 year run from 1994 to 2004. The post has since been labeled as a hoax which is probably for the best.
Determined to break the overwhelming shadow of her late father, the iconic Michael Jackson, Paris Jackson has her sights set on an acting career.
E! News reported that Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson (yea I went for the full name there y’all) has signed on for a feature film from Nash Edgerton, best known for ridiculous stunts via The Equalizer, American Ultra, The Bling Ring, and The Great Gatsby.
According to MTV:
“The movie — which is set to be a comedy/thriller, and is backed by Amazon Studios — offers up a star-studded cast, with Charlize Theron, Amanda Seyfried, Thandie Newton, and David Oyelowo also attached to the project.The title of the flick is TBD, but Jackson will apparently be playing an “edgy” 20-year-old named Penny, which is more or less the 19-year-old’s aesthetic anyway. Sounds like a fitting choice, and an exciting development for the star-in-the-making”.
In case one teen getting her own reality show this year was not enough, megastar Kylie Jenner has landed her own so how bow dah?
The 8 part docu-series will air this Summer which is also when the youngest Jenner turns 20. Although social media seems to be Kylie’s main platform and, honestly she posts so much content it is already like a reality show, she has yet to comment in terms of what will go on in the new series. This is obviously not Kylie’s first reality show as she has been a regular since Keeping up With The Kardashians began airing. Kris Jenner has already congratulated her daughter who can now add this to her list of accomplishments including her own make-up line, hair extensions, and highly grossing gaming app.