This week’s feature has been alongside presidential candidate, and all around cartoon character Donald Trump when she not only competed, but won in 2014 to become Miss Los Angeles. I sat down to talk to the beauty queen about pageants, her favourite spots in L.A and more in this week’s #TMITuesday interview.
I was actually fired from my job at the time over a technicality. I was pretty disheartened by it, but I thought to myself: this will give me more time for acting and modeling. So I went home that night after picking up my last check and went onto my ModelMayhem, and other social media pages and really focused on making them portray myself well. Shortly after, a recruiter from the pageant messaged me on Model Mayhem asking if I was interested in competing.
2. As Miss LA you are a role model for young women, what advice do you have for any young women of today in regards to beauty standards?
Beauty starts with confidence, regardless how you look on the outside. It’s what you decide to show to the people who you pass by. Confidence is developed by internal battles all day. Don’t be discouraged by the media and other people. Own who you are!
3. Since today is #TMITuesday , can you tell the readers something about you they may not already know?
I am a huge Tom-Boy Nerd. I love to play video games like Call of Duty and Halo, to Pokemon. I also skateboard. I never wore makeup before the pageant either, and only dressed up on certain occasions. However, in my personal training for the pageant I came to really love myself, regardless if I was wearing sweatpants or high heels, or both! I have fun in my wardrobe now and express my nerd loves in cute outfits — like my Mewtwo and Gargoyles shirts.
4. As an actor, what is your dream role?
I am a big Star Trek, science fiction, and comic fan. I would love to get picked up by Marvel studios for one of their new movies. They are so well made, and look like so much to — to remake your favorite comic book stories. Zoe Saldana has my ideal roles, being in Avatar, Star Trek, and Guardians of the Galaxy!
“All Star” by Smashmouth. I just can’t sing and dance this song out loud like crazy when I hear this — I even got recorded singing it in my car on Hollywood Blvd when it came on my radio! It’s just a feel good song that inspires me and gives me some inspiration for my dreams.
6. What is your favourite place in LA to party? Eat? Relax? And why?
I don’t like to party much. I prefer staying in with friends and family. Home is also my favorite place to relax, because swimming is great relaxation for me, and my pool is perfect for that.
7. Which actress would you choose to play you in a bio pic? Any particular reason why you chose them?
I would have to choose Halle Berry. She is just so beautiful and a great actress and model. She’s also very tasteful and classy. I would love to emulate her and her career.
8. Here on my blog I interview a lot reality TV stars, from MTV, to The Only Way is Essex, to some VH1 shows. Do you watch any reality TV?
I am not big on watching TV. I have, however always loved The Real World, and always wanted to make it on with my sister!
9. In the pageant world gowns are so important, they can really attract a judge’s eye to a contestant. What does your dream dress look like? Who would design it?
10. What’s next for you? Any upcoming projects?