Y’all knew I would have a Bloodlines cast member on here ASAP right? The long awaited new season of the show premieres tomorrow night at 10pm on MTV. This week I sat down to talk with Larissa Nakagawa, sister of long time Challenge veteran Camila, about her time on the show, bond as fellow fangirls, and more in this week’s #TMITuesday post!
1. What can we expect from this season of The Challenge: Bloodlines? Hookups? Fights? Spill some tea.
There are going to be lots of fights, lots of drama, like always. But also, there’s gonna be some crazy challenges, anything ranging from water challenges to eating challenges to getting down and dirty. Make sure to watch every Wednesday night for the whole scoop though.
2. Since today is #TMITuesday what can you tell the readers about you they may not learn from your time on the show?
What you will find is a different side of Camila- her big sister role definitely comes out more. Unfortunately I can’t give you specifics but you get to see Camila as a protector instead of Camilanator.
3. What was your initial reaction when you were asked to compete on The Challenge, let alone with your sister? Did Camila provide any advice on the subject?
This is a funny story- I was in class when Camila called me. I couldn’t answer but she wouldn’t stop texting me. She had something urgent to tell me and she was going to pick me up from class. I was nervous and anxious because I wasn’t sure what had happened. I was scared something bad had happened. She picked me up in her pajamas and took me to Starbucks. We got our coffee and we sat down; by this point I couldn’t contain my nervousness. After making me guess she finally told me. My initial reaction? Shock. I had no idea what to say. I almost didn’t believe it. I was like, “erm you’re joking right?” I don’t think she expected my reaction, I think she expected me to freak out more and scream or something. Once it finally hit me, I couldn’t stop laughing from the reality of it. That crazy nonsensical laugh. She didn’t ask me though, she just told me, “you’re going to be on the show with me”. We were so excited lol!
4. What would you say is your “theme song”? My theme song might have to be “F.U.N.” by Sponge-bob.
N is for Nose picking, chewing gum, and sand licking.
5. The show is straining mentally, physically, and emotionally on even the most seasonal veterans; what was the most challenging part of the competition for you?
The most challenging part of the competition had more to do with the relationships than anything. It’s hard to build relationships when you can’t completely trust anyone 100%. Anything can happen, a case of “who said what” and you could be going into an elimination. It’s a recipe for disaster.
6. Do you keep in touch with anyone from the show? Who did you bond the most with and why?
I do! They eventually just become your family, albeit a family full of trust issues and back stabbing. In the end it’s still just a game. I bonded the most with Shane and Candice (Blue) the most. Shane had my back no matter what and Blue was the one of the most real women on there.
7. How did you prepare for your time on The Challenge?
Camila and I hit the gym hard- it’s hard being my height (4’10”) so we had to make up for it. I definitely cut down on unnecessary food (except pizza, never pizza.
I love, love, love reading. I am pursuing a career in the publishing field . I love all and every kind of book. Specifically Sci-Fi and Fantasy. I will lock myself in my room for days until I finish reading a series.
9. If you had to choose only one social media app to use for the rest of your life which one would you choose and why?
It would come between snap chat and Instagram. Yes, I feel the need to post mundane everyday posts for everyone to see (probably no one does). However, ultimately, I would choose Instagram. I love me some editing. Hate to break it to you I am not as cute as my IG.
10. Whats next for you Larissa?
Right now I am finishing my senior year of college at UNL. That’s my priority and hopefully New York after that. In a perfect world, I would be Editor in Chief at an Independent Publishing house but I suppose being an Editor in Chief at Random House works too.
Be sure to catch Larissa, Camila, Shane, Blue, and the restof the cast tomorrow, and every Wednesday on MTV at 10pm on The Challenge: Bloodlines
Photos courtesy of: MTV & Larissa Nakagawa