If you had to choose, would you choose love or money? This week’s feature went for both on the fifth season of MTV’s hit series Are You The One. Everyone’s favourite alpha female this season was the first confirmed match, and the center of some drama. Kam and I discuss her Youtube channel, find out which former AYTO cast member is her idea of a perfect match, and chat about whether or not she and Edward still talk.
1. A lot of Are You The One cast members have been appearing/competing on MTV’s The Challenge, if given the chance would you compete on the show? Who from your season would you like to see on the show with you?
If it came down to it, I would compete in the challenge. People from my season I’d love to see on The Challenge are Joey, Tyranny, and Kari. They are so competitive and entertaining. It would be a great season.
2. You were the first confirmed match and in the absolute drama storm when Alicia “kissed” your perfect match Edward. Did you believe Alicia when she claimed the two only shared a kiss at the Match Up ceremony? Or did you have suspicions of other acts?
I did not believe Alicia nor Edward. As women we are blessed with a superpower, our intuition. My intuition told me that there was more to the story than I was told. What actually happened was never confirmed, however something inside me knew that they shared more than a kiss.
3. On that note, do you think that it was fair that Alicia received the majority of the hate in that situation when Edward was there too? Are you on good terms with either of them?
I understand why Alicia is receiving majority of the blame in this situation. Everyone has to remember, Edward and I were not in a relationship. We were just perfect matches. Alicia and I were actually friends. Girl code is a real thing and you shouldn’t back stab your friends. Boys will come and go but friends should be here forever. I think most of the audience believes in that which is why they are so mad. As women we should uplift one another, and I don’t think she deserves to be slut shamed although she was dead wrong.
I am not on any terms with either of them.
4. Let’s talk about you though, since today is #TMITuesday can you tell the readers something about you that they may not already know?
Something the readers don’t know about me is that I won $777 on 106 & Park from Sevyn Streeter. It was such a fun experience I got to meet Bow Wow as well!
5. You worked as a flight attendant prior to your time on the show, are you still employed as one? If so, does anyone ever recognize you on your flights?
I am no longer a flight attendant. It was the best job ever, and I left that job to find love and money on the show.
6. Because you got a perfect match in the Truth Booth you left the house for the Honeymoon Suite, watching now how do you feel the group did without you in the house in terms of finding their matches?
I was definitely the voice of reason in the house and kept everyone level headed. I knew what was going on and everyone felt comfortable talking to me. So leaving I am nervous because the fate of all that money is no longer in my hands.
7. Love or money?
Love then money.
8. If you could pick any male from past seasons of Are You The One to be your perfect match who would it be and why?
I’d choose Morgan from season 4. I met him and hung out with him a few times, he’s really sweet, has great conversation, and I think we’d really click. Plus I’m down with the swirl! Lol
9. What would you say is your ‘theme song’?
Rihanna “Needed Me”
People always take me for granted and when I cut them off for good is when they realize they needed Kam.
10. What’s next for you Kam?
I have so much lined up next for me. I am a Youtuber with a strong and growing following. I recommend for all my supporters to check it out. I give as many of my “life hacks” as possible including: beauty tips, story time, etc. Also expect more reality TV, a clothing line and a fitness plan.
Keep up with Kam :
And as always stayed tuned week for all new posts on here, and an all new episode of Are you The One tomorrow on MTV!