Okay so as much as I adored season 5 they really screwed up and lost ALL THE MONEY as the latest batch of sh*tty daters hit the screen for Are You The One. Season 3 however did not have this issue and this week’s feature was there to witness that first hand. Kayla, who made her mark as a ‘party girl’ and I chat about love, The Challenge,plus we learn some new stuff about her in this all new interview.
1. What have you been up to since we last saw you on MTV
I’ve been really happy. I found an awesome guy, Mark. I’m finally more relaxed knowing I can trust someone. After the show I dated this guy coincidentally named Mark as well. He really brought me down a bad path with drugs and partying… (which I’ll get into a little more below) I always attracted assholes..So going from all these “womanizers” (including Connor from AYTO 3) to a true gentleman couldn’t feel more rewarding.
2. The latest cast of Are You The One is the first in history not to win any money, where do you think they went wrong?
That totally sucks for them and it’s kind of embarrassing to be the only season in AYTO a history to leave without love and money. The most sufficient way to win is to follow your heart and look for what you need verse what you want. So obviously season 5 wasn’t doing that. Everyone who goes on ‘Are You the One’ has one thing in common- We SUCK at relationships.. thats why it’s sooo important to step out of your comfort zone. People get so caught up in the physical that they don’t realize their perfect match is standing right in front of them.
3. Since today is #TMITuesday can you tell the readers something about you that they may not already know?
4. You were once described on MTV as a party girl, what key elements make for the PERFECT party?
I’m not as big of a party girl as I once was however I still enjoy a good time.
5. Okay, loaded Mike question here: Mike Crescenzo of your season is the first AYTO cast member to appear on MTV’s The Real World, a show in which he also made an early exit from for bad behavior. Do you think Mike was better suited for AYTO or The Real World? Do you think you would have been a better pick for The Real World?
I love Mike,I think mike was definitely better suited for The Real World. I personally think he wasn’t and still isn’t ready to settle down with anyone. I think I would have been better for Real World too since I wasn’t listening to the producers on following my heart.
I am hard headed. I think real world is more my speed with partying, having fun and stirring up drama… That’s what I’m good at since I’m a diva.
6. Your perfect match Zak went on to continue to be with Hannah, what are you thoughts on #ZANNAH ?
Zannah at first made me upset because I really wanted to get to know my perfect match. I was confirmed a perfect match with zak the last episode giving us no honey moon suit time to get to know each other. I really love Hannah she’s a great girl and I adore zak. I would never wish anything but the best for them. I am super happy for them and I am happy that they were able to leave the AYTO house with love and money. Everything happens for a reason I wouldn’t have met the amazing man I am with now if it wasn’t for the sequence of events that my life had in store for me.
7. Do you keep in touch with any of your former cast mates?
I do keep in touch with my former cast mates. I talk to Dev, Stacey and Amanda the most. Everyone talks once in a while. We all went through a very crazy experience together so no matter what we will always have a special bond that will never fade. We’re like a little family.
8. On that note, have you kept up with them on The Challenge? Were you rooting for anyone in particular?
Always rooting for Amanda! She’s a bad bitch I love it. I also really liked Dev and Chey as partners I was rooting for them the whole time
9. What would you say is your ‘theme song’?
My most recent theme song is “sexual” by Neiked because I’m always feelin’ sexual. I always like to look and dress sexy. That song makes me so happy.
10. What’s next for you Kayla?
Hopefully being on one of the upcoming challenges I’ve been dying to be picked. I would also like to settle down get married and have kids. But then again I’m all over the place and might have another idea of what’s next for myself by tomorrow.
You can watch Kayla’s season of Are You The One now on MTV’s website, and be sure to check out my site for weekly posts and alllll that JAAAAAZZZZZZZZ!
2 thoughts on “#TMITuesday: 10 Questions With MTV’s Are You The One 3 Star Kayla Brackett”
omg okay I LOVE season 3 so much! I AM TOTALLY TEAM #ZANNAH
I hate Mike but love Amanda and Kayla! I hope Devin wins a Challenge #DADBOD
Season 5 was only good because of Ozzy and Tyler tbh
your interviews are so good
Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve visited this website before but after going through some of the posts I realized it’s new to me. Regardless, I’m certainly pleased I came across it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back frequently!