Winter is so harsh on your skin, and with the holidays wrapping up (pun TOTALLY intended) I find my skin is unhappy with me after piling so much make up on for all those parties. I am under the firm belief as well that a mask can fix almost anything, and typically sheet masks are my jam but a good mud mask can clear your face up like f*cking magic. I hunted for a worthwhile DIY mud mask and luckily Wellness Mama had it covered.
What you need & What you need to do:
- 1 teaspoon of bentonite clay
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of water (or more if needed)
- 1/2 tsp of powdered calendula and chamomile flowers (optional)
- 2 drops of lavender or rose essential oil (optional)
- Mix the bentonite clay with the powdered herbs (if using) in a small bowl.
- Add honey and mix to form a thick paste.
- Add enough warm water to form a thin paste. Add lavender essential oil (if using).
- Immediately apply to face and neck in a circular motion, avoiding the eyes.
- Leave on 10-15 minutes or until it has hardened.
- Wash off with a (dark colored) wash cloth soaked in hot water (really hot water helps to steam off the mask without having to rub the skin).
- Pat skin dry and enjoy your smooth skin!