From looking for love, and money on Are You The One, to The Challenge to Ex On The Beach with last week’s feature Vic this week’s #TMI star is #TeamChocolate’s Derrick Henry. We chat about The challenge 32, Ex On the Beach, AYTO and of course Tori in an all new post! I told y’all this month had fireeeeeeeeeee!
- In terms of house dynamics, how does it differ within Ex On The Beach (US), Are You The One, and The Challenge?
Are You The One is completely different from Ex On The Beach and The Challenge because you can’t get eliminated. On Are You The One, you can say what you want and act how you want without having to worry about getting eliminated. Also, that show is mainly about love and a show based on love brings out way more emotions.
Ex On The Beach differs from the other shows because of the Shack of Secrets. The Shack of Secrets can expose anything done in the past and can expose anything that’s done in the house. Therefore, you have to be extremely smart with what you do or who you hook up with because the wrong hookup can be exposed and make you a target for elimination. Also, I was on season 1 of Ex On The Beach, so I literally had no idea of what to expect.
The Challenge differs because of the competition. Also, the politics to avoid getting thrown into elimination results in a lot of backstabs and drama. You truly can’t trust anyone in The Challenge house.
- Can you ever forgive Tori?
I’ve already forgiven her. Life is too short to hold grudges.
Not so fun fact for non-Challenge fans: Tori Deal (AYTO, The challenge, Second Chances, Fear Factor etc) cheated on Derrick, and is currently still with the side chick of the season aka Jordan.
- Since today is #TMITuesday what is something your fans may not know about you already?
Most fans don’t know that by the age of 23, I had 3 college degrees while playing D1 basketball. My degrees were in Business Finance, Economics, and my MBA.
- If you could choose a partner on The Challenge who would it be?
If I could choose a partner on The Challenge, it would be Darrell.
- What would you say if your ‘theme song’?
My theme song would have to be “So Much More” by Big Sean
- Do you keep in touch with any of your EOTB or AYTO fellow cast members?
I keep my circle small, but yes I stay in contact with a few cast members like Casandra Martinez, Cam Kobo, Diandra Delgado, etc.
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
My biggest inspiration is my family.
- The ultimate Are You The One question but: love or money? Why?
BOTH!!! But if I was forced to choose one it would be love. Genuine real love is an amazing feeling that you can never put a price tag on. Having that soulmate that always makes you happy is an unreal feeling.
- If the world were to end in 3 minutes, what would be the last song you listened to?
“Hope” by Faith Evans ft. Twista
- What is next for you Derrick?
Let’s just say I write tv scripts and really want to be a host. So, I might just be selling a tv script in which I will host the show.