This week’s feature has graced shows such as Survivor, and Ex On The Beach (YES MORGAN W WE REMEMBER), but this year he joined the cast of MTV’s The Challenge. I wanted to sit down to ask Jay Starrett about his reality TV life, but also his REAL life. So as the kids on TikTok say…LETS GET INTOOOO ITTTTTT.
1. What was your initial reaction when you got The Challenge season 35 call?
I was at the gym and I got so hyped up I yelled out loud “ f*ck yeah!” In all honesty.
2. Since today is #TMITuesday can you tell the readers something they may not already know about you?
I’m actually half Peruvian and Scottish and can speak Spanish. Not sure why but that always surprises people.
3. Do you keep in touch with anyone from the Survivor cast?
Yup just got off the phone with Cole Medders right before I was typing this.
4. Who is your celebrity crush?
5. You’re an avid rock climber. Where is the best spot you have climbed and why?
I’d have to say the Red River Gorge. It was my first time climbing outside and it was that first time doing something adrenaline. I loved it and instantly became more addicted.
6. How has your life changed since the beginning of your reality TV career?
Honestly, I’m so thankful for everything since Survivor cast me because I am able to adventure and experience so many new things that I would have probably never been able to say. Who else can say they lived on an island for 36 days spearfishing to catch their protein every day. Or even stand out of a car on two wheels rolling down the street reading math problems.
7. You are an outdoorsman, how has the quarantine affected your daily activities?
It sucked when they closed all the state parks and beaches. But thankfully they have started to reopen nature which has been great. But we just got back from dirt biking in Utah so hasn’t been all that bad haha. Now just waiting for the gyms to open back up.
8. Which do you prefer: TikTok or Instagram?
Instagram, because you don’t get annoyed with songs as fast as you do on tik tok haha. But still, tiktok is awesome.
9. Who, or what inspires you?
My family inspires me every day to be the absolute best version of myself possible and to help others do the same.
10. What’s next for you Jay?
Haha who knows! Just gonna