After one of the best seasons (worldwide) in Big Brother history, which I am of course bias of, followed by season 23 of Big Brother US this upcoming season of Celebrity Big Brother US has some big shoes to fill. I’m so excited for this interview as I felt robbed of “getting to know” her on TV.
My first guest of 2022 is strong, hilarious, loving, and made quite the impact on her season of Big Brother Canada despite being the third boot. Latoya Anderson was best known for being the barber of the house, a designer, taking no sh*t and hiding her true profession as a police officer to her fellow houseguests. I was lucky enough to chat with Anderson about her time in BBCan house, her coming-out in episode 1, MTV’s The Challenge and more in this brand-spanking-new interview.
Now for the first time in 2022…lets get into ittttt.
1. How has your life changed since competing on Big Brother Canada?
My life has changed significantly since being on Big Brother. Random people now recognize me when out in public and while on duty as a Police Officer. The interactions have been friendly and the support has been overwhelming. I recognize that a greater responsibility comes with this change and a lot more people now look to me as a role model.
2. One of my favourite moments within the season was seeing your face when you came out as a bisexual, how did that feel?
It felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulder. Like I was finally free. I hadn’t received a lot of support from my family and coming out to them back in 2018 was very traumatic for me. To be honest, it’s still a scar that I’m healing from.
I also felt safe coming out on Big Brother because I was inspired by my cast members who were also sharing their stories. It really gave me the strength and courage and that moment and opportunity that created a safe space for me to speak openly and honestly is something I will forever be grateful for.
3. Since today is #TMITuesday can you tell the readers something about you that may not already know?
Oh gosh!!! I have no idea. I’m actually super goofy and very nerdy. Even very clumsy at times.
4. On the finale of BBCan9 you reached full icon status when you made your legendary comment to fellow castmate Beth, have the two of you spoken since?
I have not spoken to Beth since the show. She has reached out to me though and I do plan on responding when I find the right words to say.
5. On that note, do you keep in touch with anyone else from your season?
I keep in touch with Jedson, Tychon, Kiefer and Josh. Those are my friends for life!
6. If asked, would you compete on MTV’s The Challenge? And if so, would you want to do a partnered season with any of your fellow BBCan9 castmates?
I’d love to compete on the challenge and I’d actually partner with Austin because I think she’s a great physical and mental competitor.
7. I love asking this: if you could choose one song to be your ‘theme song’ what would it be and why?
Nicki Minaj- Yikes…..I dunno, this song just gets me so hype.
8. Can you tell me more about your swimsuit company and how readers can snag pieces from it?
I created nude Swim in 2018 at one of my lowest points in life. I needed a distraction and it gave me the confidence that I had lost in myself. Nude Swim is about empowering women to be confident and bold in their bodies. You can snag a piece at www.nud3swim.com or visit my Instagram page @nude.swim.
9. Do you feel that you were accurately represented on the show?
To be honest, I still haven’t watched the full season in its entirety….but from what I do know, I do NOT feel I was actually represented. I was shown as someone of a bitch. My fun, goofy, loving side wasn’t shown and my full personally was not represented. I was only viewed as militant and somewhat of the aggressive black woman, which is not true.
10. What’s next for you?
I’m just excited about life and being back in the real world. I don’t know what’s next for me but I’m open to the possibilities.