I was buzzing to find out that I would get to speak with this week’s LEGEND. The Challenge would not be where it is without this man.
I sat down to talk with Syrus Yarbrough about his upcoming wedding, returning to TV and more in this week’s #TMITuesday.
1. You and your beautiful partner are engaged, can we expect a big reality TV guestlist for the event? (I’m sure I could as that so I will wait for mine in the mail)
Hahah… She is not the type to be filming our private/intimate wedding. I mean I’m sure there is a price that would make her think…. But she ain’t into that type of thing. That’s all me.
2. How do you feel about the current representation of Black and POC in reality TV?
I feel like there has definitely been a movement toward more substance in the different characters but I think we have a ways to go. And I honestly don’t group POC with The Black community.
Just feel like we’ve been through too much to be grouped with others. Not saying they don’t struggle but our struggle is a whole different every day every hour thing. No disrespect to anyone or culture just speaking my feelings.
3. What has been the best and what has been the worst part about returning to The Challenge?
Oh man… the return has been awesome! Nothing bad about any part of it. I mean it’s a game. Yes I want to win and yes it’s a lot of money but… money & me have a great relationship I don’t worry or stress over it.
4. Since today is #TMITuesday can you tell the readers something about you that they may not already know?
Hhhhhmmmmm….. I’m pretty much an open book but let me see? Some people in college only remember me from “Bay Watch” I had a few roles on there it was my college summer job! Oh and it’s filmed in my home town of Santa Monica,CA
5. Who were you rooting for on All Stars 3?
6. Do you think that you could beat TJ Lavin in:
A pole wrestle:
A Hall Brawl:
Wow. Well, let’s just say I think I can beat anyone at something. I think that everyone has their day some have more days than others. So yea tj…. Let’s go! The funny thing is… u can be a complete expert and make one mistake and boom you’re done.
7. You are a man that KNOWS how to throw a party. What are 5 essential things for the perfect party?
Location, theme, timing, organization & execution
8. What is a typical day like for you?
I do intermittent fasting for 16 hours including sleep. Wake up say my positive affirmations. Look at my socials, organize day, off to the gym for a min of 10 miles or an hour cardio, quick weights! Mon weds fri is the beach as some beach run and bball cardio before the gym. Sometimes I go back to the gym after for a double dose with my lady then I do another 10 miles. I have snacks when my fast is done and we eat dinner with the animals after and watch our shows ! Be creative and write or design throughout the day. Meetings sprinkled in. And repeat!
9. If you could name one song as your ‘theme song’ what would it be and why?
Oh my … I was just asked this for a podcast… right now… “Mary J Blige & DJ Khalid “ “Amazing “
10. Whats next for you?
Still writing shows and my Autobiography. Staying in shape and hoping to get on either challenge and win. Wedding and maybe a “Lil Sy” or if it’s a girl “SY-Anara “ ! Other than that just continue to be creating and doing what I do! Bring it to the world and see how they feel about my vision