MTV’s Are You The One has had six seasons, over 100 singles, over 5 million dollars, but only one E Money. I sat down to chat with Ethan about his time on the show, his upcoming EP, and he may or may not have promised that I could star in a music video with him in this week’s interview.
He did not promise me that.
1. What was your strategy going into the Are You The One house?
My strategy was to observe every dude in the house, and be the complete opposite. Later I learned that me being myself was indeed a complete 180 from everybody else, which was actually unfortunate at the time. I didn’t fit in and people thought I was weird, strictly because I really had nobody to relate to except for Alexis. But then she fell in love with Keith and acted like I didn’t exist. Now, however, many of the viewers relate to me, because I’m realizing that I represent the everyday, blue collar man who wouldn’t normally get selected for reality shows. It’s been fun.
2. Since today is #TMITuesday can you tell the readers something about you that they may not already know?
I am addicted to 90s alternative rock music. I just can’t get enough of it.
3. I don’t know if you know this, but you’re a Betches favourite based on the recaps (http://www.betches.com/are-you-the-one-season-6-episode-4-recap), how do you feel thus far about how you’re being portrayed on TV? Do you think it is a fair depiction of who you are?
5. Love or money, which is more important to you after your AYTO experience?
Money comes and goes, love is forever. I’ll always find a way to make money, but love is a little deeper and trickier to attain. So love is more important.
6. If you could choose a celebrity as your ‘perfect match’ who would it be and why?
My celebrity perfect match would be Jennifer Aniston. She just seems pure and I know I could do her better than Ross from friends. That dude makes ME look like a lady killer.
I started talking to Tori Deal from Season 4 of Are You The One and every time I talk to her my life changes.
8. Describe an average day for you:
I wake up, do stuff, then go to sleep.
9. What would you say is your ‘theme song?’
10. What’s next for you Ethan?