With the recent success of The Real World: Homecoming and The Challenge: Allstars on Paramount+ I think it is safe to say that we can expect some more reunion shows like it. The OGs of MTV are taking over TV once again and I would not be surprised to see this week’s #TMITuesday feature on our screens in the near future.
In 1993 The Real World put strangers in a house to stop being polite and star being real and this is how we met Irene Suttner. I hit Irene up to chat about the current state of reality TV, get a life update since we last saw her all those years ago, and in my opinion become virtual bffs no?
1. I think the fans would appreciate a life update! What are you up to nowadays?
Gosh where do I start?? Life has had its challenges for sure, well the dude I married on the show and had two kids with is an ex now. My son Corey is 26 and my daughter is 22 and yes I’m still friends with their dad, which makes life easier that way. I remarried in 2004 and well that lasted 13 years. I raised two bonus kids, Alex now 3o and Julia now 27 and I am sorta friends with that one, lol…….Now I am married to my soulmate, thank goodness. His name is Phil and he has three boys ages, 5, 14, 17! I make a great bonus Mom. He is an elementary school principal and the best ever. I have been retired from the Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department since 2014 and now I own a health and wellness business. Life is good!
2. Were you a viewer of any of the more recent seasons of The Real World? What are your views on the “twists”?
Funny, I actually stopped watching the show after Hawaii. They just started to get too crazy and I was a busy Mom and didn’t have time for the nonsense.
3. Speaking on the evolution of reality TV, how do you feel about the current state of it?
There is something to be said about reality TV, some positive but a whole lot of negative. I support reality TV that is going teach something valuable and not waste my time.
4. Since today is #TMITuesday can you tell the readers something about you that they may not already know?
That I was actually married to my high school sweetheart before I married Tim, that one lasted 8 months, looks like I like to collect husbands, haha
5. If you could choose one song to be your theme song what would it be and why?
Happy Anywhere by Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani
6. Do you keep in touch after all these years with any of your former roommates?
I talk with Jon, Beth A, Beth S, Dominic and Glen
7. Speaking of your former roommates, Beth is back on our screens with the all-new “The Challenge: All-Stars”.
Will you be cheering her on? Hell YES!!
8. If I were to ask you “what is the last song you listened to?” what would your response be?
Eric Church- Hell of a View
9. Have you told your children that you were one of the OGs of reality TV?
I did when they were young and they could care less, now, I am the sh*t! They finally watched my season on Paramount +. Now am the cool MOM!!
10. What’s next for you Irene?
Hopefully, a reunion show with my roommates and I want to continue to help people get healthy and enjoy my retirement!