It’s always a pleasure to chat with MTV personalities and this week’s TBT interviewee was no different. Here’s a 2013 interview with feisty Brazilian babe, and Challenge veteran Camila Nakagawa about reality TV, fashion, and yes of course Mr.Johnny Bananas.
And yes, we’re all sad to not see her on this season of The Challenge.
1. Having been a cast member of ‘The Challenge’ for a number of years viewers have seen you get into your fair share of fights on the show. How do you feel about being perceived as someone so feisty, is this an accurate portrayal you?
Haha. I guess it’s a good thing to have the crazy kids on the challenge house be scared of me because I’m so fiesty. 😉 It can only help in the long run haha. Well, to be fair, there is always something on tv that they don’t show, and there usually is a reason other than me just ‘being feisty Camila’ behind it all. But I definitely have strong personality- I speak my mind, more so than not. If I disagree with something I will let you know, if I agree with something, I will also let you know. I believe all woman should be outspoken, and I have no problem being perceived as the person who will say what everyone else is thinking.
2.Do you have a playlist of music that gets you pumped up and mentally prepared for an upcoming season of “The Challenge”?
haha I don’t need music to get me pumped up and mentally prepared for a new season of the challenge. However, I gotta say that Ellie Goulding is always my go to in the shower !
3. If you had to choose a cast member from any season of The Real World to have a travel reality show with, who would it be and why?
Hmmmmm. Good question. I would have to say Leroy. I love the kid and he’s hilarious, like my little brother. But I would also take Nany, we played ninjas very well in the challenge house, and we know how to always have fun together.
4. Since this is #TMIThursday can you tell us something about yourself that we may not know? Any hidden talents?
I played the flute in high school. I know… oh yeah, I also played the handbells at one point, and let me tell you I was very good at it. Haha.
5. If you had the chance to compete on any other reality show which one would it be and why?
Survivor. I love nature and I love challenging my body to do what it thinks it can’t. (I’d probably regret this choice after participating in one haha I hear it’s a tough one.)
Do you think Camila could win Survivor? Tweet me and let me know! @thenikkisin
6. The jerseys worn during the challenges on the show are always pretty basic but the women on the show always seem to accessorize with a signature item (I.E Jemmye’s headbands, Jaz’s rainbow socks), what is your fav accessory to pair with your jersey?
My favorite accessory is a marker. I know, weird. I like to always write on my arm or legs something that reminds me of why I want to win a challenge. I usually have my mom, sister or dad’s name or a Brazil flag or some sort of foundation that stands for something I believe in.
7. Given your past with Johhny Bananas, I have to ask; Do you own a Johhny Bananas bobble head?
haha, no I don’t. But I gotta say, yall should all be glad that head just bobbles and doesn’t talk bc if it did yall would be in trouble. Having the ability to listen to Johnny’s voice talking constantly is very much like a talent. Not everyone can handle it.
8. Who would you like to see win this season of The Challenge: Free Agents?
Honestly, I would love to see Cara Maria win. I have participated in 6 challenges along Cara Maria, ever since my very first one and I have seen her progress. She has worked hard to become better at these challenges and I have always been a strong believer in the fact that hard work pays off. 🙂
9. Aside from the money, what is your favourite part about competing in The Challenge?
I like the challenges. What can I say. I like it more than I like the money. I own my own business, which has been a dream since I was a little girl. The challenges fulfill the daredevil side of Camila, a side that I used to try and fulfill with sports and traveling, but now its hleped me fulfill that adventurous side of me on a bigger scale. I love challenging my body and my mind to doing things I normally would think I am incapable of and seeing me go from being normal Camila to being crazy Camila jumping off a building. 🙂 I love a challenge.
10. What’s next for you?
hm. Good question. I want to keep living my life and achieving my dreams. I intend on growing my 2 year business into multiple stores all around the country in the near future. I hope to keep working with foundations all over the world that stand for something bigger than our selfish human selves. I hope to use my life to help the world see that we are all humans and we all make mistakes and that we all cannot always choose what life throws at us, but that we can always make something out of it, and that there is always a reason for everything. 🙂
Stay tuned next week for another interview from my archives!
One thought on “#ThrowbackThursday: 10 Questions with MTV’s Camila Nakagawa”