This week’s #ThrowbackThursday interview is with fitness loving, MTV alumni and cast member of this season of The Challenge: Battle of the Exes 2 Jessica McCain. This 201 interview from my time at thewaxmuseum.net caught up with the now 3 time challenge veteran after her 2nd season of the show.
And don’t fret #teamJessica , I’ll be chatting with the Real World: Portland sweetheart again soon for a brand new #TMITuesday interview!
1. The Wax Museum team is full of DJ-Producers (except for me of course), you yourself are no stranger to music producing having lent your vocals to the track “Thirsty” alongside your Real World 28 cast mates Nia Moore and Marlon Williams aka Jay Dillinger. What was that experience like for you? Would you consider doing anything more with music?
A quick witted joke somehow turned into a hook and that night “Thirsty” was born. However, when Jay and Rakz asked me to get in to the booth I was extremely hesitant, this was way out of my field! After a little coaxing and a drink or two, I hopped in closed the doors and that’s all she wrote. Moments later we were all jamming out to our new hit, which you can purchase on itunes!
I would love to do music, I write a lot of poetry that someday I hope to turn in to songs. So if there are any artists or songwriters that want to chat they can email me and we can work together!
2. As I said, I’m the only non music affiliated WM team member, I am however getting into the film industry. Can you tell our readers what your favorite movie is and why?
My favorite movie from childhood has always been “Forest Gump”, it’s an inspiring movie with some history attached to it, a little rebellion and romance making it such a dynamic film! I’ve always closely related to Jenny in the movie (without the drugs) and her free spirited heart making it easy to find a sentimental attachment to the film.
3.This is your second time around on MTV’s The Challenge; the first time around you were paired with your former Portland roommate Anastasia Miller who was the cause of some romantic drama with MTV alumni and last year’s winner of The Challenge Chris “CT” Tamburello. How excited were you to be able to prove yourself without your former partner? More so, what was it like to see your former rival/roommate and last year’s 3rd place winner of The Challenge Jordan?
This being my second time on “The Challenge” really feels like the first time! It’s great to know that the teams will be tossed around a bit, yet you still have to prove yourself as an individual competitor. This season will afford me the opportunity to let my super competitive spirit shine and let The Challenge house know that I am a forced to be reckoned with! #TeamJess
4. What was the most challenging part for you on this season of The Challenge?
The most challenging thing for me in the Challenge House is really the politics, I mean I went in to Rivals ll not even knowing what an alliance was, leaving not even understanding the concept. So this is an area that I could really use some growth to match athletic abilities.
5. Fitness seems to be a big part of your life, what is your go-to pre-workout healthy snack?
Yes, fitness is part of my everyday routine and lifestyle, building a fitness company it has to be! My go to snack pre-workout is probably an apple with some almond butter, it’s my weakness!
6.Since this is #TMIThursday can you tell our readers something they may not already know about you? Any guilty pleasures? Hidden talents? Celebrity crushes?
As far as guilty pleasures go I am very fond of “Ru Paul’s Drag Race” and “Ridiculousness” I hope that one day I can actually be a guest on the show with Rob Dyrdek!! As far as celebrity crushes, Shemar Moore….please let me bump in to him someday, wowzers! And of course, Colin Kaepernick.
7. You dealt with a lot of criticism during your season of the Real World, with everything from body image, to the way you handle your new relationships/crushes. What advice would you give to anyone who is going through anything similar?
Trust God and fall so deeply in love with yourself that no one else’s opinions can dull your shine.
8. The Wax Museum is famous for it’s travel photography, where is the one place in the world your would like to travel to, and why?
I would really love to travel to Egypt because of the history and of course the amazing pyramids and also Turks and Caicos, Bora Bora, Fiji, somewhere tropical because I’ve always wanted to see the clear water!
9. As a reality TV star do you have any reality TV show guilty pleasures? (Don’t worry, we won’t judge)
The only one I watch, and this is just recently, is Ru Paul’s Drag Race.
10. Whats next for you?
This is such a big question, the possibilities are endless and the potential for greatness limitless. As for now I am getting back in to modeling, doing promotions for beverage companies and starting my own fitness company for personal training called “Trinity Training”. Trinity not only helps people learn how to choose the right foods and workout their bodies but helps transform their minds as well, thus putting them on a path to loving themselves even more. In addition to those things I have some apparel coming soon, so watch out for that on social media!!
Stay tuned for another #throwbackthursday interview next week!