Today’s recipe is from The Cookie Rookie, and features two of my favourite healthy foods: salmon, and avocados. Not only is salmond a great source of Omega-3 but also selenium. According to WHFoods :
“Strong selenium intake is associated with decreased risk of joint inflammation, and also with prevention of certain types of cancer, including colorectal cancer. As an antioxidant nutrient, selenium has also been shown to be especially important in cardiovascular protection through maintenance of the molecule glutathione”
Whereas avocados are a fantastic source of vitamin K, vitamin B6, folate, potassium, vitamin C and more.
This grilled salmon recipes with avocado salsa is sure to be a hit at dinner party, or if you’re like me and you hate to be subjected to forced conversation even though it means free food and wine at a dinner party if will be a hit with you and your cats while you have a Netflix binge.
What you need:
- 2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbs olive oil (I used light extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- For the Avocado salsa:
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1-2 tbs finely chopped cilantro (depending on how big of a cilantro lover you are)
- Salt to taste
- Mix the salt, chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion and black pepper together, rub the salmon fillets with olive oil and this seasoning mix
- refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Combine the avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a bowl and mix well, chill until ready to use.
- Grill the salmon to desired doneness. (I grilled for about 5 minutes)
- Top with avocado salsa and enjoy!
And stay tuned next Tuesday for an all new #TMITuesday interview, and of course next Friday for an all new #FitnessFriday!
Want to collab on a #FitnessFriday post? Maybe you have an #OOTD you want featured on here? Shoot me an email at email@example.com with the subject line “ISO Bloggers” with an example of your work, or tell me a really cool story to convince me to collab idk.