It’s hard to eat healthy, I get it, I’m a big donut fan, pizza is my jam, and Taco Bell should basically sponsor me by now; but as boring as salad can seem you can create some really cool combinations.
I chose this grilled Portobello with arugula, which is high in vitamin A, vitamin, C, and vitamin K, and has been known to improve eye health by being a great source of carotenoids, and vitamin C to prevent cataracts. Furthermore, arugula is low calorie, and a great substitute for lettuce.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) walnut pieces
- 8 portobello mushrooms, (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 10 cups (2.4 L) arugula, (2 bunches) trimmed
- 1/4 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 oz (57 g) Parmesan cheese, or Asiago cheese, shaved
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper