Basic b*%tiches unite it’s time for y’all to invade the menus and grocery aisles everywhere with pumpkin spiced things. I myself am not a pumpkin fan, but I know a lot of you are so I hunted around for a pumpkin protein bar recipe and found one from Clean Eating !
(Makes 15 bars)
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats (the 3 minute kind)
- 1 cup peanut butter (I use creamy)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (I used canned and organic)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice, no sugar added
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roast your oats for 10-15 minutes on a cookie sheet (Or until they turn a nice golden brown). Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread dough to 1/2 inch thickness in a baking dish or 1/2 sized cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the dough has a nice golden brown appearance.
- Allow to cool. Slice into bars and store in a Tupperware container or Ziploc bag.
© The Gracious Pantry. All rights reserved.
Follow us: @graciouspantry on Twitter | GraciousPantry on Facebook
Stay tuned for an all new #CinemaSunday film review this week!