How does Chrissy Teigen really get that Milf Money? Well a part of that way is to have an amazing cookbook titled Cravings. With today being National Fried Chicken day the new mom-and model shared with ABC’s The Chew the recipe for her husband John Legend’s fav fried chicken recipe: spicy Honey Butter:
What You Need:
Chicken and Brine
- 6 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 5 poundsc hicken wings and drumettes
- canola oil (to fry)
- canola oil, for deep-frying
- 4 cupall-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
Spicy Honey Butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooked
- 4 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)Lets Get Cooking:
- For the Chicken: in a large pot or a 2-gallon zip top plastic bag, combine 10 cups cold water, the seasoning salt, garlic powder, and cayenne. Add the chicken, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 24.
- Bread and fry the chicken: fill a large dutch oven with 6 inches of oil, making sure there are at least 4 inches of clearance between the oil and the lip of the pot. Heat the oil over medium heat until it reaches 360 F.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, seasoning salt, and cayenne. A few at a time, remove the wings from the brine and toss them in the flour mixture until coated really well, then place on a baking sheet.
- Add the wings to the oil in batches and fry until golden and crispy, about 13 minutes per batch. Remove the wings to a plate lined with paper towels.
- For the Spicy Honey Butter: in a small bowl, add the melted butter, hot sauce, honey and salt and whisk until incorporated. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Slather the wings with the spicy honey butter and eat that chaacken!