It’s Canadian Thanksgiving, and that means turkey, a long weekend, family dinners, and tofurkey for some of y’all. But if you’re trying to stay fit, and not over indulge in the holiday dinner, or perhaps the leftovers then here’s a little recipe to settle that turkey (or tofurkey) craving but keep it light.
And try to avoid the pumpkin pie..
What You Need:
- 1tablespoon olive oil, plus more for the baking sheet
- 1/2pound ground turkey (or tofu)
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1piece whole wheat pizza dough
- 1cup roasted red peppers, sliced
- 4ounces Feta, crumbled (1 cup)
- chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey, oregano, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and cook, breaking the meat up with a spoon, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a large oval and place on an oiled baking sheet. Top with the turkey mixture, red peppers, and Feta and bake until golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.