I spend all day at work at a desk, and although I try to maintain an early morning workout routine, it can be hard with a full time job. I’m a big fan of in the office exercises, which doesn’t mean I do jumping jacks on my desk.
I’ve compiled a list of some of my favourite at your desk exercises from my own routine, and from GreatList that you can do and probably not even have your co workers notice what you’re doing. #NinjaDeskersises
1. Leg Raises: Pretty simple, and people may just think you’re fidgety. Raise each leg one by one slowly, try to push as much as possible to get the most out of the stretch. Hold each leg raises for about 30 seconds.
2. Shoulder Pinches: rolling back the shoulders until the shoulder blades are pinched together. Pretend you’re holding a pencil between the scapulas (or try it for real!). Hold for 5-10 seconds, release, and repeat for 12-15 reps.
3. Sitting Crunches: Simply flex your your stomach with your shoulders straight back bringing them in towards the spine as you exhale.
4. Spinning Chair Ab Twirls: Sitting upright and with the feet hovering over the floor, hold the edge of your desk with your fingers and thumb. Next, use the core to swivel the chair from side to side. Swish back and forth for 15 rounds.
5. Not So-Crunch – Crunch: With both elbows on the thighs, try to curl the chest in towards the legs while resisting the movement with the arms. Hold for 10 seconds, release, and repeat times 10!