I’m more than ready to ditch jackets, and pants for shorts and patio drinks on the regular BECAUSE LADIES AND GENTS AND ALL THAT IS IN BETWEEN SUMMER IS ON ITS WAY!
No more excuses about not going for a run because the weather is bad, but this does put those of us that love sweet icy treats in a bit of a bind. I will never hear the ice-cream truck song and not want some sort of cold treat from it. I think it is human nature or that’s my excuse at least? Upon my hunt for smoothie Popsicle recipes I found this gem from The Little Epicurean. Now the canned coconut milk is not healthy, I will not lie, but you can switch it out for some organic coconut milk! Chia seeds are a concentrated food containing healthy omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium. … One ounce (about 2 tablespoons) contains 139 calories, 4 grams of protein, 9 grams fat, 12 grams carbohydrates and 11 grams of fiber, plus vitamins and minerals. Whereas the kiwi are a high source of vitamin c, and folate and one of my favourite tracks off Harry Styles’ new album.
What You Need:
- 1 3/4 cups canned coconut milk
- 3/4 cup soy milk (or any milk alternative)
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp agave syrup, or more to your liking
- 3 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- A Popsicle mold tray (available on Amazon or literally any dollar store ever)
- Stir together coconut milk, soy milk, chia seeds, and agave syrup. If desired, add additional sweetened to taste.
- Place sliced kiwis in popsicle molds. Use chopsticks or the back of a spoon to press kiwi to the sides of the mold.
- Gently pour liquid mixture into popsicle molds. Insert wooden popsicle sicks. Freeze for at least 4 hours until popsicles are solid.