It’s to the surprise of no one at all as I continue to ramble on about the Toronto art car community with Burning Man creeping up on me at an alarming but totally normal time rate that I introduce this week’s feature. A friend for years, a babe forever, and an inspiration to never give up on art, I had the pleasure of chatting with Marie Poliak. Even with the hard job as the mother of a 19ft tall and 30 ft wide dragon child Poliak took the time to chat with me about art, the latest crowdfunding campaign for Heavy Meta, and Prodigy came up because it’s Marie y’all. Let’s dive right into this all new #TMITuesday interview yeah?
1. Heavy Meta has made many stops during the tour, what has been the most memorable thus far?
Aside from the Burn, the most satisfying appearance was our 6-week engagement with the Toronto Light Fest. Our friends and neighbors could come and see what our community put together, experience the dragon and fire arts performers in an accessible setting right in our own backyard, free of charge!
2. The second IndieGoGo campaign recently began, what are some of the upgrades and essentials the dragon needs?
3. Since today is #TMITuesday is there something you can tell the readers about you that they may not already be aware of?
5. What is your ultimate goal for Heavy Meta and the Toronto art car community?
7. Okay, let’s talk about the future Viking aesthetic of Heavy Meta. What are the must-have items for the look?