It’s officially soup season aka hot vegetable smoothie season. I found this interesting and healthy soup on Recipe Runner last week and thought I’d share it.
Makes: 4 SERVINGS Prep time: 10 MINUTES Cook time: 15 MINUTES
Total time: 25 MINUTES
What you need:
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup diced yellow onion
32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
12 ounces cauliflower, riced (I used a bag of frozen defrosted cauliflower rice)
2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill, divided
Zest of a lemon
1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
4 teaspoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
2 eggs, whisked
1 pound cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- Add the olive oil to a large pot over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot add in the diced onion and sauté 2-3 minutes. Add in 1 tablespoon of the fresh chopped dill, lemon zest and the chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add in the cauliflower rice and simmer until it’s tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk the arrowroot powder (or cornstarch) and lemon juice together until the arrowroot is dissolved.
- Whisk the eggs into the lemon juice mixture then slowly ladle in about 1-2 cups of the broth whisking the entire time so that the eggs don’t curdle. Once the mixture comes to temperature whisk it back into the soup pot. Continue to stir the mixture until it thickens slightly, about 5 minutes
- Add in the shredded chicken and remaining tablespoon of chopped dill. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed. Serve the soup topped with thin lemon slices and extra dill if desired.